Why is gratitude so important to your well-being?
Gratitude has been discussed and recognised by guru's and spiritual leaders all over the world for thousands of years. It's well known and proven to improve your mental well-being and overall health.
"Gratitude is an attitude that improves your quality of life"
I started practicing gratitude on a daily basis approximately 8 weeks ago and I can testify that it has turned my life around!
Every morning I wake up and write down the 3 things that I am grateful for within my H3 book and look at the positive and good aspects of my day and how I am going to make my day great! There is always something positive to focus your mind on. The power of positive thought and gratitude is phenomenal if practiced daily.
This practice has literally transformed my mindset and my life! I used to drag myself out of bed with a impending sense of doom, exhausted before I had even started due to focusing on all the negative aspects within my life but now I am excited to start my day. I get up at 5am every morning and spend the first hour of my day on self development and gratitude.
This process has shifted my focus from what I am lacking in my life and is negative to focusing on the positive aspects of my life and the aspects of my life I am grateful for. Its a simple yet extremely effective practice.
Through changing my mindset and feeling 100% more positive and it has affected my business, my personal life and even the people around me. Even my teenagers are talking about gratitude!
So what are the other benefits of gratitude?
- You will have a greater sense of happiness within all aspects of your life.
- It has been shown to help with anxiety and depression if practiced on a long term basis.
- It can improve your physical health, helping with digestive issues, headaches and your general sense of well-being.
- It helps improve energy levels by your renewed sense of well-being.
- It has shown to improve sleep and the quality of sleep.
- It can improve your immunity by lower your stress levels.
- it can enhance empathy, compassion and kindness to yourself and others.
With all of these benefits I think the question should be ..
WHY ARE YOU NOT PRACTICING GRATITUDE???
I am so grateful to have been introduced to the H3 Program and the practice of gratitude daily, it has transformed my life!